Flooding Safety Tips for Rogerson?
There are more water damage claims made in the United States than any other property damage claim. Secondary damage can occur when water is left standing for too long. SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties offers these flooding safety tips from our website for things to do and not do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
When your Rogerson home or commercial business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 208-735-1447.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.