Wildfire Risk Reduction Tips for Twin Falls?
Wildfire season is here, and it’s a good idea to look at ways you can protect your home from wildfire danger. SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties has been helping the residents and business owners in Twin Falls restore fire-damaged properties for years. Here are some tips from Idaho Firewise and the National Fire Protection Association for creating defensible space and landscaping around your home:
A minimum defensible space of 100 feet is recommended for homes and outbuildings on flat ground—up to 200 feet or more on sloped sites.
Tips for Landscaping Around Your Home:
- REMOVE dead vegetation and other flammable materials, especially within the first 5 feet of the home
- KEEP your lawn hydrated and maintained. If it is brown, cut it down to help reduce fire intensity.
- PRUNE tree limbs, so the lowest branches are 6 to 10 feet above the ground to help reduce the chance of fire getting into the crowns of the trees
- MOVE construction material, trash, and woodpiles at least 30 feet away from the home and other outbuildings
- DISPOSE of branches, weeds, leaves, pine needles, and grass clippings that you have cut to reduce fuel for the fire
When your home or commercial business has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is ready to respond to your call 24-hours a day. Call us today at 208-735-1447. We’ll restore your fire damage in Twin Falls, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.