If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 735-1447

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Our Professionals Discuss The Importance Of Space Heater Safety In Your Buhl Home

1/22/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Our Professionals Discuss The Importance Of Space Heater Safety In Your Buhl Home Once the fire is out, dial (208) 735-1447 to reach us any time, and we can help get your life back to normal.

Safely Using Space Heaters And Fire Damage Restoration For Your Buhl Home

A good source of supplemental heat in colder weather in your home in Buhl, space heaters can also, unfortunately, pose a significant risk for fire if not used correctly. Fires can be started by space heaters when they are put near combustible items, the heater does not have adequate safety features, or they are not plugged in correctly.

Safety should also be the top priority when using space heaters. However, if you have experienced a fire from one of these devices, you should reach out to SERVPRO for professional fire damage remediation in your Buhl home. We have the training and experience to restore your home to its previous state before the fire.

When setting up your space heater, first ensure you keep it 36 inches or more from any combustible or flammable materials. Put the heater on the floor unless it is otherwise designed to do so. The area you are using the heater in should also be free of any flammable liquids. Don’t place them on a surface that is easily combustible or ignitable, like carpets or rugs, and do not use them to dry clothing.

If an accident with a space heater has happened in your home, SERVPRO technicians can come and help you restore your home. Any smoke or soot residues that were left behind can be cleaned up, and the sooner, the better, as they continue to erode whatever surface they are on until this is done. We also work on deodorizing your home from the lingering smoke odors.

Keep your electric heaters out of any areas that are moist or wet, such as bathrooms, since water can lead to a fire hazard. Be sure as well to plug the heater directly into an outlet, as using an extension cord can result in overheating and fire.

Clean the space heater on a regular basis as well, following the guide form the manufacturer for specific advice on inspection and maintenance.

SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is here to help you any time you experience a fire at your residence in Clover, Hazelton, or Filer. Once the fire is out, dial (208) 735-1447 to reach us any time, and we can help get your life back to normal.

Click here for more about Buhl.

Other News

View Recent Posts