Homes Benefit from Mold Cleanup.
It is tempting to research a bit and then try to remove household mold without professional help. Save yourself the frustration and be confident that the microbial infestation in your house is abated properly with a call to SERVPRO of Twin Falls/Jerome Co.
Mold damage to your home is not a reflection on how well you keep your home clean. Mold spores are always in the air, indoors and out, awaiting the perfect conditions to activate and grow. Our mold remediation specialists have advanced training in mold mediation. Understanding mold is the key to resolving a mold proliferation. When you smell an earthy, musty odor or see streaking and staining of surfaces, ask us here at SERVPRO of Twin Falls/Jerome Counties to investigate. Mold spores need water and a source of organic matter to transform from specks floating in the air to rapidly expanding colonies. Mold comes in a rainbow of colors and textures from fuzzy to leathery. It slowly destroys building structures and personal belongings if not remediated by our trained technicians. Susceptible individuals with allergies or other sensitivities report health issues when a mold is on the upswing, but only a health care practitioner appropriately advises in those cases. SERVPRO of Twin Falls/Jerome Co. crews receive certification in remediation techniques developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA,) and use these efficient protocols to almost rid your home of current infestations and avoid future problems. However, total extermination and elimination of these fungi are not possible. The first task is to contain the mold. We use physical barriers like plastic sheeting when the mold outbreak is small. Negative air pressure machines arrive with us when larger mold out breaks are present. They filter the air and vent residues outside of living areas, ensuring that spores and other particulates do not circulate in your home’s atmosphere. Next, the moldy material, including any porous surface infiltrated, is removed and bagged for proper disposal. Our staff wears personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout for safety during each step. We apply professional-grade antimicrobials to the affected area and vacuum up debris using equipment with HEPA filtration systems. The crew replaces any building material removed with the mold, and paints, stains or otherwise finish the area to look “Like it never even happened.” No remediation is complete until we find the cause of the mold and it is repaired and the mold is eliminated.
Tips to Avoid a Kitchen Fire
Unattended Cooking Twin Falls, Idaho
Did you know the kitchen is where more home fires occur than anywhere else in the house and that cooking is the number one cause of home fires?
- Never leave cooking food unattended – stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling or broiling food. If you must leave the kitchen, even for a second, turn off the stove.
- Check your food regularly while cooking and remain in the home while cooking.
- Use a timer so you’ll remember that the stove or oven is on.
- Don’t wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves while cooking.
- Keep the kids away from the cooking area. Enforce a “kid-free zone” and make them stay at least three feet away from the stove.
- Keep anything that can catch fire - pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains—away from your stove, oven or any other appliance in the kitchen that generates heat.
- Clean cooking surfaces on a regular basis to prevent grease buildup.
- Consider purchasing a fire extinguisher to keep in your kitchen. Contact your local fire department to take training on the proper use of extinguishers.]
- Always check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving the home to make sure all stoves, ovens, and small appliances are turned off.
Fire/Smoke Damage Is Restored with Professional Help
SERVPRO Provides Cleanup for Fire/Smoke Damaging Events.
Homeowners/Business owners go years managing their own home/business without ever calling anyone to help. A major event like a fire can change in a blink of an eye. SERVPRO focuses on providing high-quality fire damage restoration service to meet your needs. We arrive quickly, and with agreement from you and your insurance adjuster, puts together the restoration plan that guides the crew assigned to the steps needed to cleanup and then restore your home to pre-fire loss condition. Our team members are familiar with current fire restoration industry standards and follow the guidelines of the IICRC. and the use of products and equipment that meet or exceed the standards. We evaluate the structure and contents throughout your entire home/business soiled with residue and select appropriate and effective tools and cleaners to remove the soot and debris. Charred areas may be sanded down and refinished or replaced, if necessary. Restoration is our mission, to save time and money, and to reduce the disruption to your home/business. After the visible effects of the fire disappear we resolve any odor issues with strategies ranging from thorough cleaning through spray neutralizers to thermal fogging, in extreme cases. If you are home/business owner that experience a fire this year, SERVPRO of Twin falls and Jerome Counties stands ready to help. Call our offices at (208) 735-1447 to set up a time to come and visit with you to see how we can help to bring you home/business back to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Twin Falls & Jerome Counties
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 208-735-1447
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- What year the house was build?
About SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Twin Falls or Jerome County Home Have A Mold Problem?
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 208-735-1447
Twin Falls & Jerome Counties Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Twin Falls or Jerome Counties Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 208-735-1447
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Twin Falls or Jerome County Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Stop Frozen Pipes!
Water Pipe damage caused by freezing.
The time for frozen pipes is upon us. SERVPRO of Twin Falls wants to make sure you are protected, before any water loss strikes your home. Make sure any vacant rentals, vacation homes, or buildings are winterized properly to protect from broken pipes and water damage. Double check insulation in crawl spaces, out buildings, and attics. SERVPRO of Twin Falls recommends hiring a licensed plumbing professional to winterize water systems in homes and other properties. Protect yourself from the damaging effects of a water loss situation. SERVPRO of Twin Falls is always here to help in any pre or post loss condition.