If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 735-1447

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Truth About Mold Removal

4/14/2022 (Permalink)

water damaged wall with orange SERVPRO logo The SERVPRO team is highly qualified and trained in all facets of mold and mold removal.

Did you know that removing all mold from a home or business is absolutely impossible? 

Microscopic mold spores are a natural part of the world and are prevalent almost everywhere. The SERVPRO team is not just "faster to any disaster", we are highly qualified and trained in all facets of mold and mold removal. Though mold removal is often fairly straightforward, it's still wise to hire SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties to come and assess the situation. Sure, you can Google "what products remove mold" or "handyman mold removal near me," yet because of the complexities of mold itself, you may not be able to eradicate the problem as a professional team can. 

When water damage occurs, mold can begin to grow in as little as 48 hours. This time frame is important, especially because mold is more problematic for children, the elderly, or anyone with respiratory issues. Mold can also enter your home via open windows, your HVAC system, a pet, or even by attaching to shoes or clothing. Mold thrives on moisture and is often prevalent in bathrooms. When mold spores have entered your home, they can quickly become colonies when exposed to moisture or water. The mold colonies grow incredibly rapidly, producing allergens that are often harmful to our health. When mold has been caused by water damage, the first thing that must happen is for the water and any moisture residue to be removed and thoroughly dried to ensure that the mold doesn't return. 

Mold often produces a terrible odor, and some describe it as a "musty" smell. Most people describe this smell as under their carpet or within the drywall of their home or business. If you notice a strong smell in your home or business area subject to high amounts of moisture, you may have mold. Mold thrives on moisture, and rooms with high humidity can easily succumb to mold spores. To help prevent mold from spreading in humid spaces, keep the indoor humidity below 45%. 

If and when you smell the musty odor or your space has had significant water damage, it's crucial to call the SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties team immediately at (208) 735-1447. You'll want to stay out of the affected area and turn off your heating or air conditioning unit, as that is an easy way to feed the mold colony's growth. It may be tempting, but don't try to start the cleaning process of the mold yourself, instead the smart decision is to let the SERVPRO team be the one to eradicate it for you. In some cases, the use of bleach or something similar will work for small areas. If you can smell the odor, chances are, the mold has grown to a point a professional removal team is necessary. 

SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is trained in handling and removing all types of mold. We are trained in what to look for in the spreading of molds. We are equipped with the highest-end equipment to prevent the further spreading of all types of mold. You can trust us to thoroughly inspect an area and ask the appropriate questions to know what safety materials and equipment to use. Not only will we remove the mold, but we will also remove the musty odor and restore your space to what it was before mold took over. 

Other News

View Recent Posts