Fire damage tips for Clover?
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change HVAC filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.