Holiday Decoration Fire in Rock Creek?
Do you know that more home fires happen during the winter months than at any other time of the year? SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties wants everyone in Rock Creek to have a fun and fire-safe holiday season this year. The National Fire Protection Association offers these helpful tips for staying safe while entertaining this winter season:
- Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles
- Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop
- Ask smokers to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them so young children do not touch them.
- Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding them.
- Blow out lit candles when you leave the room or go to bed
- Turn off all light strings and decorations before leaving home or going to bed
Holiday Fire Facts
- Candles start more than one-third of home decoration fires
- More than two out of every five decoration fires happen because decorations are placed too close to a heat source
Call Us Today!
When your Rock Creek home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 208-735-1447.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.