Halloween Party Fire in Jerome Home?
SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties wants everyone in Jerome to have a fun and safe Halloween celebration this year. Here are some Halloween fire safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep you safe:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily
- Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, make sure it is used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
If you plan to attend Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating:
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
If you need fire damage restoration services for your home or business, SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is Here to Help. ® We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Jerome, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 208-735-1447.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.