Fire Safety for Jerome?
Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Jerome
The National Fire Protection Association recommends using portable home fire extinguishers when the fire is confined to a small area, everyone has exited the building, the fire department has called, and the room is not filled with smoke. SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties offers these fire extinguisher safety tips from the NFPA:
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
- Select a multi-purpose extinguisher that can be used on all types of home fires that is large enough to put out a small fire but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out
- Install fire extinguishers close to an exit and keep your back to a clear exit when you use the device
SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties has a team of fire damage restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day in Jerome. Call us today at 208-735-1447. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.