Flood-prone Properties in Twin Falls?
Out of Date FEMA Flood Maps in Twin Falls?
KMVT 11 recently reported on Idaho’s flood risk as being drastically underreported due to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) use of old and outdated maps. According to this report, Idaho has had the 4th highest increase in flood-prone properties nationwide and cites new research by Quote Wizard that shows there is a 290 percent increase in the number of flood-prone properties in Idaho with Twin Falls currently showing 571 FEMA estimated flood-prone properties, but new findings show that number should be 2,398. In Jerome, FEMA currently only estimates four flood-prone properties, but it should be 1,002.
SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Twin Falls, and offer these tips on flood preparedness from the American Red Cross:
- Assemble an emergency preparedness kit
- Create a household evacuation plan that includes your pets
- Stay informed about your community’s risk and response plans
- Ensure that each family member knows how to get back in touch if you are separated during an emergency
- Download the Emergency App for iPhone or for Android
Call Us Today!
When you need storm restoration services, SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is ready to respond to your call 24-hours a day, every day. Call us today at 208-735-1447. We’ll restore your storm damage in Twin Falls, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is Independently Owned and Operated.