Windstorm in Twin Falls?
High Wind Protection Tips
Wind damage is a common occurrence in Twin Falls and many parts of Idaho. SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties offers these tips from Nationwide Insurance for protecting your home or business from windstorm damage:
Make sure your roof can handle high winds
To make sure your roof is protected against wind damage, have it inspected for the following:
- Shingles meet or exceed the local building code and are rated high for wind and impact resistance
- Shingles are snugly nailed down and fitted tightly together
- The roof sheathing is securely nailed down
- The connection between the roof and walls is tight enough to keep updrafts from lifting off the roof
- HVAC units, skylights, and pipes are tightly affixed and won't be blown off
Windstorm protection tips for exterior walls and doors
To make sure your building's exterior is protected from wind damage, check the following:
- The building is well sealed to prevent wind from getting in cracks and crevices and causing interior damage
- Siding and windows are tightly attached
- All entry doors are triple-hinged and secured with a deadbolt lock for maximum windstorm protection
- Overhead doors are braced sufficiently and able to withstand high winds
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is ready to respond to your call 24-hours a day, every day. Call us today at 208-735-1447. We’ll restore your storm damage in Twin Falls, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is Independently Owned and Operated.